Thursday, May 12, 2011

Final Assignment

I think this photo is ironic because there is caution tape around the sign that says “Stop and think”. This image represents a problem that we have in our society today. We are too afraid to step out of our own shoes and accept reality. I think we all ignore a lot going on and we lose that sense of placement in the world when we do. I think it invokes pathos because of the representation of an unfortunate issue, logos because it presents an awareness about our fear of expanding our minds, and finally ethos because as a college student and the ad being for a university, I have a strong connection to today’s disconnected youth.

I thought this photo was interesting because by seeing only the man’s back, it invokes pathos because as the viewer you feel curious to see what the man looks like. What is his facial expression, happy or sad? I quickly thought that the scene represents that as you get older you begin to sit back and see the world pass in front of you full speed like you once were a part of. 
I think that this image has the most pathos of all my photos. I get a total sense of abandonment and isolation, even though this homeless woman is in the center of a major city. Because there are no other people in the shot, it emphasizes how alone she must feel. 

I enjoyed writing the final paper because I liked learning more specifics about my topic: the push for organic foods and primarily it’s effect on our health. When you’re able to write about something that you try to live by as much as possible, it is interesting and writing feels much more natural. It was a bit more challenging though having to find research and cite sources after all of our other papers came mostly from our own experiences and ideas. I think that overall it helped me strengthen my feelings for a social cause and be able to put into writing for someone else who maybe knows nothing about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment