Monday, March 28, 2011

Memoir Reflection

Writing the memoir was not an easy thing to do. It was a challenge to try and go back in time, trying to identify the significance in past events and determine how they have influenced me. I think that I tend to brush off certain events and think that they are no big deal when they really do affect me deep down. It takes some effort to come to terms with these feelings and then write them out. In the end though, this process has made it very rewarding. I can see myself in a bit of new light by dissecting all of it in a memoir. When memories are written out in front of you, they suddenly become existent again. When it is just in your head, it’s almost like you can just pretend it didn’t happen, but in words it is concrete and present. Writing the memoir has helped me be more direct in opening my mind and thoughts. I’m not as nervous, yet more curious in connecting my memories to my current personality.

No comments:

Post a Comment