Wednesday, January 26, 2011

About Me

My name is Pat Bails and I’m a freshmen. I live on-campus at the Dwight. I’m easy going and just like to get out and have a good time. I’m looking to major in architectural design. I have always been intrigued by interesting buildings and places, now I hope to one day create my own. Specifically, ever since I was young I’ve wanted to design my own hotel. I guess because some of my best memories have been traveling with my family, I just seem to have taken an interest in them.
My dream is to travel around the world and experience new and exciting places and cultures. My favorite place I’ve been to would have to be Hawaii because it was like paradise for me. The ocean, palm trees, and sand are all things that I crave living here in Chicago. Eventually, I would love to go to Australia.
As far as writing experience goes, I spent a lot of time writing essays throughout high school. We spent a lot of time on formal papers that were mostly either research or compare/contrast, based on assigned topics or books. We focused less on expressing our own thoughts and ideas in our writing, so it would be great to become more comfortable doing so this semester in Writing and Rhetoric. 

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Pat.
    Dig your background. I like the voice and honesty in your writing.
    This class will hopefully allow you to explore those thoughts n' ideas you've been hoping to express.

    ReplyDelete